Friday, November 26, 2010

Swimmin wit da sharks mAn...

Ignore the spelling there. Try to think Jamaican like accent. Anyhoo it has been decided that I will enjoy this sorta..upcoming..actually here now Advent season. It won't go as planned, but it will be fun. There will be stories read, cocoa drank, and maybe even a Jesse tree. On a sappier note I intend to enjoy this season not only for myself but for my family. All of my younger sibs are still really young, think 10 and under, they still have time to enjoy many more simplistic and childishly innocent Christmas'. I on the other hand feel all of my 15 years, and realize it's not a childishly innocent focus on Christmas anymore. It's more a focus on succeeding, a pressure to grow up while still holding on to my childhood. Someday I'm sure I'll look back and see how young I was, but right now it feels like the world is watching, never stopping, waiting for me to fall and pushing me down when I don't. It makes one feel depressed to think about growing up so methinks I'll share something my sister shared with me.

During dinner on the weekends we like to play a game whilst eating. Tonight's game was would you rather? One question directed toward a sister was
"Would you rather swim with sharks or eat a worm?"    Her clever response
"Swim with sharks, see I'd put on some shark trunks and go swimming, so I wouldn't actually swim with real sharks just ones on the pants!"   I love this sister of mine

No comments:

Post a Comment