Saturday, December 18, 2010

Going for gold here, 2 posts in one night. Have y'all ever really missed someone?Like really really missed so much that it makes you sad in your pool of emotions?
I have. In fact I am right now. There are two women in my life who i miss Tons and would love to have them live close by so I could see them all the time. Both women are extremely knowledgeable which I suppose comes from age. One is my mom's mom. My grandma, she currently lives in HI and I only get to see her once a year. We've always been close though. It may sound strange, but I talk to her 2-3 times a week, that's if nothing exciting is happening. She's almost my mom too. The other incredible woman is my "oma", my dad's mom. Our story is a little different.  See my dad and I share a lot of things jokes, sarcasm, certain ways of doing things, but one tiny, little, rather important thing we don't share is genetics. He is and always will be my father, but unfortunately he is not biologically related to me. So seeing how that pans out my oma is not 'related' to me either. I've known her for almost my entire life yet up until a year ago I never really felt close to her. I mean I called her oma and she always treated me the same as my cousins, (now here's where it gets crazy) but I didn't feel like I was one of 'her' grandkids since all of them were bio-related to her or were white(I am a tannish person so you can imagine how that stood out next to pure white folks). That is until she started visiting us for a week or two at a time through out the year. As I spent more time with her and she spent more time in my lifestyle, I came very close to her. She loves me, even though I am not the same color as her, even though I am not related to her.And I saw that even though we don't share genetics we are still family. I enjoy being around her and I only wish she lived in Ga so that I could see her whenever I want. So there you have it both my grandmothers who I miss very,very much and wish I could see them more often.
Until later

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and meaningful post Claretta!!
    I love it!

    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! To have such wonderful women in your life is truly fantastic.
    ~ Autumn.

    ReplyDelete